Newgen Software has launched an improved version of its document classification service for facilitating the high-volume document-handling environment. The recently launched – Intelligent Document Classifier 1.0 lets users gain hidden insights by classifying documents, based on structural points and textual features. It utilises the new-age technologies, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), to enable layout and content-based document classification.
“Our new document classification service allows businesses to process volumes of unstructured data and uncover hidden insights. It is powered with AI and ML for better compliance, smarter decision making, improved efficiency, and enhanced customer experience,” said Diwakar Nigam, MD and Chairman, Newgen Software.
Businesses can leverage the solution to automatically analyse various documents such as sales/purchase orders, enrolment and claim forms, legal documents, mailroom documents, contracts, correspondences, and others. It ensures that relevant information is readily accessible, thereby reducing risks and costs linked with manual document management.
Key features of the new version include:
- Image Classification – Allows users to automatically classify images using neural networks and deep learning algorithms based on structural features
- Content Classification – Enables document classification based on content, in the absence of structural features
- Trainable Machine Learning – Auto-learns definitions and features of a document class and creates a trained model
- Admin Dashboard – Generates analytics reports for a 360-degree view of the process
- Integration Capabilities – Facilitates easy integration with core business applications, content management platforms, and document capture applications